Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My letter from Tehran

I am filled with joy to receive news from my friend in Tehran! I wonder what we can do to most fully support their efforts. I rally, I tweet, I post.. but nothing feels like enough ...

I believe in my heart Obama's approach is correct. The U.S. cannot officially interfer - this would likely delegitimize any progress made by the work and sacrifice of the Iranian people, and likely would only make things worse in the end. Still, I feel like we each can be doing more to be in support of this movement. But what can that be?

Should there be action on the part of the U.N.?

Should we be thinking in terms of technological support?

What can we do?

Please send your suggestions in additional ways to support this movement for political and civil human rights for all Iranians! Let's post those here!

JUN 22

My dear Katarina;

I will be your friend forever!!!

Thanks because of everything; your news, your links and specially your own website and your letter to me! It was so exciting for me.

But unfortunately the government of Iran has blocked "youtube", "facebook", and other sites like this. Almost all political and international channels which were available by satellite are blocked! Some political newspapers are closed!!!! Even mobile phones SMS!!! The speed of internet is so slow here and most of the time even "yahoo" is not available. That’s why I could not check my email for 3 days. But be sure I try to check my email many times during the day just to hear from you dear!!

"youtube", "facebook" and lots of sites will not be available unless I have an free ANTIFILTER program (like freegate which I used it, but it is not working because of traffic in usage in Iran) program or I know any ANTIFILTER site. If you have any, please send it to me!
Dear, ……. don’t be worry for me. I try to remain alive!!! May be we can meet each other soon or maybe………!!!!!!!!!

I wish all the people in the world have freedom, secure and peaceful life.

Love and best regards, A! ....

No comments:

Post a Comment