Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Letter to my Friend in Tehran

Hello my friend,

By now I imagine the big rally for today in Iran has concluded. We are hearing reports of terrible things and many deaths. I worry for you and your friends and family.

I have read the news reports, the facebook reports and the twitter reports, and any other information I can find, in attempt to get accurate informtion and understand what is happening there in Iran today, and what you must be going through. I am in awe of the bravery and courage and determination of the Iranian people and wish there were more I could do to lend my support to your efforts. All my thoughts, meditations, prayers and energies are with you now.

I head out the door shortly to attend the Boston rally in support of the green revolution. It seems like nothing, almost meaningless, and yet I go because it is all I can do!

I await anxiously news of your safety, my dear friend.

- Standing in solidarity with the Iranian people!

No comments:

Post a Comment